Translate

Friday, October 08, 2010


Number 821


Octoman is here!


Let it be stated now: I am not down with octopi. I am not a fan of slithery 8-armed critters from the depths of the seas. My parents took me to see the movie Beneath The 12-Mile Reef when I was a kid, and Robert Wagner fighting with an octopus made up my mind for me. I let the octos stay where they are, and I stay away from them. I can't even look at them in an aquarium.

So they spook me, especially when, as in "Arms Of Doom" from Harvey's Black Cat Mystery #32, 1952, they have googly cartoon eyes and are attached to a human body. Ugh. This disgustingly tentacled tale is drawn by the master of disgusting, Rudi Palais.








3 comments:

bzak said...

Howdy,

All hail the king of the dripping page!!! Love the Rudy Palais style.

Thanks.

Brian Riedel

Pappy said...

bzak, yeah man. I always need to wipe my hands with a towel after reading one of Palais' sweating stories.

Chuck Wells said...

Interesting character there!